Saturday, April 30, 2011

Planning

Today my goal is to go over my preschool skills checklists to see where we are. I'm trying to decide if Three will be ready for Kindergarten level work by fall, or if we'll just continue on with preschool. He wouldn't go to Kindy this fall, because of his Jan birthday, but homeschooling allows him to do school at a different level than his social skills set....which wouldn't be at all ready for K. Two started Kindy when she was still 4, she has a late Dec. birthday and would not have gone that year, but she was academically ready.

I'm using two skills checklists:


http://www.reocities.com/Heartland/Forest/2468/skillslistage4.html (this list is often considered advanced, and I'll bear that in mind as well.)

This weeks theme, which will be put up tomorrow, will be Firefighters, and other community helpers. :)


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Thanks for posting those check lists. I really like that second one, it actually has some stuff for Nathan to learn on it. Yes, it is advanced but it is exactly what I need. I just wish it had beyond 4 years old.