Thursday, July 9, 2015

Skinny/Lazy Housewife: CutThroat Chicken

Honey Spiced Glazed Chicken Thighs

This recipe falls into BOTH categories of recipes I post.  Hoorah!  It is SO freaking amazingly outstandingly delicious.  EVERYONE in our house loves it!  (Ok, not EVERYONE, One is vegetarian.  But all the carnivores cheer when I announce that we are having it for dinner.)  The link provided is the originator of the recipe, and that is her name for the recipe.  However, in our house, we call it CutThroat Chicken.

It came to this name because after the first time I made it, Two and I said we would cut each other over the last piece!

I found the recipe on Pinterest, and had pinned it because I was looking for crock-pot recipes....the pin is incorrectly labeled.  I got all the stuff out to put it in the crockpot and discovered that it actually is NOT a crock recipe.  BUT it only takes a couple minutes to get it together and throw it in the oven, so I decided it was still do-able on the busy day.  I've made it a handful of times since discovering it.  I've made it with the boneless thighs, and also boneless skinless breasts (and breast tenderloins.)  I feel like I also made them once with bone-in thighs...but I'm not sure that memory is accurate.

The ONLY change I made is that I followed a suggestion she gives to cut the spice (because Three and Four are wimpy about heat...I have promised Two that I will make it soon for JUST SHE AND I and I will put ALL the red pepper flakes in, she and I both love spicy things!)  I add probably between a 1/4 and 1/2 of the red pepper flakes.  It is still spicy, and YUMMY.

Enjoy!

No comments: