Monday, April 21, 2008

Going Green for Earth Day

If you visit often, you may have noticed I changed my blog color scheme to a "greener" me.

In honor of tomorrow being earth day, I've been thinking of ways I can be more green! I am pretty green...we cloth diaper, we dont' have any paper towels in our house, we compost, we conserve water, we make sure unused appliances are unplugged, we use cloth grocery bags.

I challenge myself to not turn on the lights during the day (this will be a big challenge for my kids!) as it seems to just be habit to switch on a light. I challenge myself to line dry anything possible. I challenge myself to use the fans to help cut down on the air conditioner running as the weather warms up.

I challenge ALL of you to find even just a small way that you can challenge yourself to be even just a little greener. I read someone else's blog recently and she mentioned that she uses A LOT of paper towels, so she was challenging herself to use only one roll a week. That's a big change, and one that does effect the planet, even though it may seem like something small!

Leave me a comment letting me know what you're challenging yourself to do to save our planet.

1 comment:

Grumpy said...

Hey Shauna, I know you posted this a while ago but thought I'd respond! :)

I just made some cloth grocery bags and though it requires thought to remember them our plastic bag consumption is way down. I've started composting. I'm trying to do an Earth Hour every other week. We cloth diaper (most of the time.) I'm recycling more. And I'm thinking of getting an indoor Solar Lamp (or 3)!