Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I knew this day would come....

I knew the day would come when my children would refer to Tomato Soup, as just that, Tomato Soup. So, why you ask did this event make me want to cry?

This was one of the LAST 'baby' things they had left. So, it was a sad sad day. All their lives they have called tomato soup "cracker soup". Honestly, I don't remember a time since they could talk that they didn't refer to it as such. So when the words "tomato soup" came out of her mouth (my oldest that is), it nearly brought my world crashing to the ground.

I know I should be happy, she's growing, she's beautiful, she's talented, she's amazing.....

I'm writing this to remind you ALL that they are growing. Far too fast. And no matter how firmly you plant your feet, and drag them behind you, they just keep moving forward. Hug them, hold them close, these days are fleeting.

1 comment:

reprehriestless warillever said...

awwwww......

We have kept up a few of the ridiculous baby names for things, like "ipper ammies" for pajamas with slipper feet.