Monday, June 16, 2008

Race Day

I SOOO wish I had taken my camera. Next year, I will for SURE!

Saturday DD#2 and I participated in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. We participated in the Family Fun 1 mile walk last year, and it was a good time but my very athletic DD wasn't satisfied. She requested that we do the 5K this year, and I decided it was something I could commit to.

Well, I am SO very proud of her. I knew I would hold her back (because I'm not in fantastic shape...while I did my very best, and am proud of myself too!) so I told her she could go ahead of me, just to stay with the crowd along the race route and when she crossed the finish line to move to the side and wait for me. After about 1/2 mile, I completley lost site of her.

She finished in the top 10! She did the 5K in 30 minutes!! She's my hero. I wanted to share my pride with all of you. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Gottfredsen said...

That is AWESOME. Way To Go!!!

reprehriestless warillever said...

Way to go!
I am proud of *both* of you.