Thursday, June 19, 2014

Skinny Housewife: I'm a fatty.

This  post is to tell everyone that we ALL have periods like this.  I'm in one right now.  Normally,I have a very good body image.  I've worked hard, and I can see results.  However, we've had 3 birthday's in the last 3 weeks in our house, and the level of dietary sabotage has been epic.  I'm not even remotely close to being 'paleo' or 'primal' anymore.  So far today, I have ingested Cherry Coke, Cheetos, and M&M's.  It's not even 8am y'all!  No morning water like I would have started my day with a couple months ago.  No fruit.  No protein.  Just junk.  And, later, when I'm in a tremendous energy slump I'll be having a 'woah is me, I'm so tired...blah blah blah' pity party but the truth of the matter is:  I'm doing this to myself.  Other than my classes, I haven't worked out this week either.  In addition?  Aunt Flo is about 3 days away from a visit.  BOO!

So, when I stepped on the scale this week (for the first time in awhile,) I was not happy with the number.  It's at the high end of my 'range' (my range is a 10 lb window that I constantly fluctuate around in.)  The silver lining?  It's still in the range, at least for now.

I MUST get back on the horse.  I'm going to go pour myself a giant glass of ice water.  I'm going to put on my workout clothes, and I'm going to do day 59/60 (yes, I'll double up) of Bikini Body Mommy Challenge.  I'm going to sign in to My Fitness Pal and log all the crap I've eaten, and make better choices for the rest of today.  At the beginning of the month (for my 38th birthday) I bought myself a bikini.  I haven't owned a bikini in 20 years.  And, when I bought it I was happy with how I looked in it.  Since then, I haven't put it on ONCE.  The new goal is to be happy in it again by July 4.  That's roughly 2 weeks to undo the damage I've inflicted on myself for the past 3.  *fingers crossed*

I share all of this to tell you that all of us slip.  All of us have a time where we have to shake our head and put on our big girl pants and stop wallowing about whatever is going on in our lives, and just simply do better.  Today (and tomorrow, and the day after...and any day following a rough day) is a new day, a new beginning and a new opportunity to try again.  And that's really all you can do.

No comments: