Thursday, December 13, 2007

Track Out Week 1!

We are "tracked out". Basically, we're done with school until the first of the year. We're following a year round schedule, and it's nice to have that all planned out by following the public school calendar. Of course, we don't follow it to the letter, but it's a nice guide.


Anyway, this week we decided to do the Unplug Your Kids challenge. The theme was "nature" and our NC weather couldn't have cooperated any better! Record high temperatures have made it feel like late spring in December! Here are a few pictures from Monday's nature time.




Who's tired???


His new favorite game....what can I see if I look THIS way?



What are THESE???

I took a bunch of pictures of the girls building a gingerbread house yesterday, being as it was Gingerbread House Day (thanks Kate!). But, I don't have time to upload those right now....never enough time! So, another day......

5 comments:

reprehriestless warillever said...

It is so funny to see your kids with short sleeves -- we got another 8 inches of snow today!

Garden State Kate said...

Ooh, I can't wait to see the house!
I'm also jealous of your weather,
although Bridget's snow sounds good too! :-)

Amber (Bouncing Buttons) said...

I love your little one looking upside down behind him. That is so cute. It looks like summer in your pictures! We have a ton of snow here. I want to move south!

Grumpy said...

(visiting from the homepreschool board!)

I thought you might get a chuckle out of a superstition - my little one loves to stand and look at the world the way your son does and she is now 2. Well a couple of months ago we were visiting my family and a Jamaican neighbor came down to meet my girls (as I was littlest's age when she first met me! LOL!) Anyway she about had a bird when she saw my little one standing that way - as apparently the old wives in Jamaica would say to expect another bundle. So at every opportunity the woman would tell me to stop letting her do that (which I refused to do *for a few reasons! he he!*) LOL! I love hearing the old wives tales like that.

Anyway just wanted to say that I love your blog. :)

Sha said...

It was very warm last week, but it's been pretty cold all week this week, highs in the 30's BRRR of course, no snow :(

that is an interesting Old Wives tale....maybe in another 6 months I'll ASK him to stand that way! HEHEHEHEHE