Thursday, June 13, 2013

Lazy Housewife: Crockpot Apple Crisp

Summer is upon us, and I'm looking for as many opportunities to use my crockpot (and not turn on the oven) as possible.

Yesterday, I marinated some pork chops and did them on the inside grill and made brown sugar carrots (a family fav) and this Healthy Apple Crumble.  It was so easy to make--I had Three core and cut the apples with the apple corer--and was seriously YUMMMMMM.  We had it as a side dish to our pork, but there was JUST ENOUGH left over for me to have it as dessert tonight with some vanilla ice cream on top.  Yeah, it is hidden in the back of the fridge, cause I'm that kind of mom.

We used only 4 apples-because that's how many we had-and I turned it up on HIGH for 2 hours because I didn't get my stuff together until 2 hours before we needed to eat.

Bon Appetit!

No comments: