Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wordy Wednesday: Being Me.

My wordiness today is going to be about what an amazing summer this has been for me.  Admittedly, it started off a little rocky.  But around mid-July...we took AMAZING to a whole new level.  What's made it so good you ask?  Let me tell you.

Being me.

Really, that's all.  I finally, for real, settled in to be ME.  All of me.  And trust me, there are some rough spots.  I'm not all sunshine and rainbows.

I made some decisions about friends (or people who aren't truly,) and where I want to put my energy.  I added another class into my Zumba schedule.  I made a commitment to healthy eating. I made the decision to volunteer some time.

With the help of The Punk, I (ok, he did A LOT of the work...) put our marriage into the best spot it's ever been in and am in the EXACT place I need to be there.  I'm unbelievably happy, and the people in my life who love me can physically SEE it in me.

I've been to three amazing concerts this summer.  I took a trip to the west coast with my love (and JUST him.)  I enjoyed my kids and am pleased with how the summer went...which is good because we can't get it back.  As I have more and more moments of realization that my girls are almost college aged (WHAT????,)  I am overwhelmed with how fleeting childhood is.  Can't I hold them just a little longer??  Oh, wait, this post is about to morph...we'll save that for another day.

We've had an outstanding, fandamntastic summer.  I hope your's was equally awesome.


No comments: