Monday, May 28, 2018

Manic Monday

Well, Helloooooooo friends! 

I skimmed over the last few posts that I made to this blog and laughed at myself.  It's been 2 years and 3 months since I posted anything here, and man oh man have things changed.  I updated the "About Us" page, but I'm going to post here as an update to what I hope will be a resumption of regular posts again. 

For starters, I no longer homeschool.  All the sad faces.  It was something I loved, really and truly loved but I made some choices that left us all on a different path.  The boys are both in school now, just finishing 5th and 3rd grades.  The transition has been hard for Three, but this year has been MUCH MUCH better than last.  In August he starts middle school.  I'm not ready.  Not even a little ready.  Ugh.  Four has had a much better transition and is thriving by all accounts.  He is in the gifted program at school and gets to attend a special camp over the summer. 

Secondly, I'm no longer married.  *gasp*  Yeah, I managed to mess up another marriage.  I take all the blame.  He was a very good man, and he loved me with all of himself.  There is no fault with him.  It just didn't work for me.  I also no longer live in my "waterfront" home.

Thirdly, I work three jobs currently.  The last time I posted I had two.  I currently still work both those jobs, but I added in a writing gig.  This blog was my "prior work" and they actually liked me anyway.  *smirk*  That job is the reason I'm back to blog my own stuff...it has brought to my attention that I really enjoy writing and want the creative outlet.  So, you're welcome! 

Fourth, another major life change for us is that we are MOSTLY vegetarian now.  I say mostly because the boys and I still eat meat when we are out or they are with their father.  But we never eat meat here at home.  One and Two are both totally vegetarian.  Two is MOSTLY vegan.  She sometimes eats cheese, but that's about the extent of her non-vegan consumption and even that is pretty rare these days.  Pizza is her vice. 

Lastly, without homeschooling what will be the purpose of this blog?  Yeah, I've sorta thought that myself.  I've decided I'm just going to write and see what comes of it.  I have lots of recipes to share (vegetarian, or easily adaptable) with you all so look forward to those Skinny/Lazy Housewife posts.  I still have kids so it will be more of a general parenting snark than homeschool oriented snark, you feel me?  I'm also on a personal journey that has created a lot of growth over the last couple years. You'll get details of that and get to come along for the rest of the ride, lucky you??!!  I've been reading a lot (part of the journey I'm on) and so there will be discussions from that and recommendations.  Basically, I've still got a lot to say. 

Much LOVE.
Shauna

No comments: