Thursday, May 31, 2018

Skinny Housewife: Chunky Portabella Veggie Burger

Chunky Portabella Veggie Burger


Guys.  THIS.  This recipe is a HUGE HUGE favorite in my house.  When I know I'm going to make these for dinner I seriously look forward to them ALL DAY.  Two had a veggie burger at Buffalo Wild Wings not that long ago and reported: "it was good but not as good as the ones you make."  They are so good. 

If you've been coming to this blog for awhile, you know that I almost always make changes to recipes.  I don't know what to tell you...I bend things.  So, I can tell you that this recipe is REALLY hard to screw up.  Really.  I have made it without the steak seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce (just totally forgot to put them in) and they were STILL delicious.  The most recent time I totally forgot the beans.  I'm not even kidding.  And guess what?  Still delicious.  I only ever use 2 eggs.  And I make them with Flipz crackers (these are pretzel crackers, and they are bomb.)  I've also made them with cheezits once.  You know, I just roll with the punches.  Honestly, we've never had a batch that wasn't amazing. 

Then you just add all the things you would add to a "regular" burger.  The steak seasoning and Worcestershire sauce really give them a BEEF taste.  If you don't look at them (so that you wouldn't see the broccoli) you could be fooled.

This is at the top of the list of recipes we've tried since becoming vegetarian, so it's the first recipe I wanted to share with you all.  Enjoy!

No comments: