Saturday, June 9, 2018

Sideways Saturday

I've been on a "stay-cation" for the last 5 days.  It's glorious.  I took 4 vacation days in celebration of my 42nd birthday.  I didn't have any real plans, my gift to myself was simply that I wouldn't work.  Technically, I'm going to work today but it's my writing gig so I get to do it from my bed in my sweatpants prior to the nap I have planned in preparation for my birthday blowout tonight. So, I'm not sure that counts, ya know?  It is the ONLY work I will have done since Tuesday.  And I don't work tomorrow because I shall need to recover from tonight.  Monday I teach but I never really count that as work, as I LOVE that job so much.  I STILL (4 years in) feel like I get to go dance and have fun and they pay me to do it.  I don't have any REAL work until Tuesday morning.

I feel recharged, and I needed that.  I had gotten in a very negative space in my head about my job.  I was not only thinking negatively about it, I was speaking negatively about it.  If you know me IRL, I am a firm believer in "good in, good out" so I try VERY hard to not speak negatively.  In the month of December for the last 2 years, I've gotten other people to participate in a month of "I shall not say negative things."  Now, sometimes, that simply involved rewording something that needs to be said.  But those who have participated with me have had positive feelings about the exercise.  We create what we think and speak into the world.  I feel that in my soul.  I 'checked' myself on Tuesday morning, which was my last shift at work before this vacation.  I made the conscious choice at the end of my meditation to go into work that day with a more positive attitude.  I've been told that my attitude at work affects all of my co-workers (I'm everyone's mama there) so I felt responsible for the store's morale as of late. 

I've had such a great birthday week that I've been losing track of what day it is!  It's pretty great.  Tomorrow, or Monday I intend to put up a post about all the birthday celebrations that have been occurring. 

Happy 42nd to me!!

No comments: