Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Two for Tuesday: Back to school!

Back to the world of packing lunches.  Back to the world of making sure backpacks are ready.  Back to hoping my kids eat breakfast of some sort.

Today's links are going to follow suit.  I'm sharing my favorite site for lunch prep...I HATE packing lunches.  Mostly because Three doesn't like anything.  Seriously.  Lunch box approved items are limited to:  pb&j, ham (NO cheese) and chips, or sandwich crackers.  Yeah.  See how this gets super old super quick?  Four on the other hand will literally eat anything and everything you throw in there.   However, this doesn't redeem his brother and the loathing he has created in me for this task.

125 Healthy Lunchbox Ideas   a lot of different ideas, some things I hadn't thought of here!

Another big struggle in my house is weekday breakfasts.  I'm already at work before the boys get up 4 mornings out of the week.  I don't expect their sister, who is not a morning person but gets up to put them on the bus, to actually make them anything.  That leaves cereal, pop tarts, and yogurt.  Three doesn't like yogurt, let's all feign surprise, please.  But he will drink a danimal *eye roll*  Sometimes parenting is a compromise right??  Anyway, I don't like these being the only options.  Not because their is anything wrong with them.  Not because I'm sure there are families that only have these options.  Not because I'm aware that lots of kids eat nothing before school either by choice or by necessity.  It's just a personality issue.  I used to be the "be all end all" everything from scratch mom, sooo it's hard for me!  This year, the goal is to provide them with other options.  Weekly I make one thing:  breakfast bites, muffins, burritos, etc so they have an additional option.  This weeks choice is a new one--
Pancake Sausage Bites  They will simply have to microwave them, and dip them in some syrup. 




No comments: