Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Lazy Housewife: Italian Meatball Soup

Italian Meatball Soup

This recipe uses frozen ready to use meatballs, and I feel that.  Of course, we used Meatless Meatballs by Gardein (which is our favorite vegan brand.) We also used vegetable broth instead of beef broth, and Two didn't add any parm to hers.  We had it with garlic butter (actually plant-based butter of course) crescent rolls.  We also took one of the suggestions and added pasta.  We used ditalini because that's my favorite for soups because of its small size.  I put in a lot of seasoning:  Italian seasoning, extra rosemary and oregano, and a whole lot of red pepper flakes since the boys aren't home!

Two and I both LOVED this one.  Can't wait to have the boys try it out.  My very carnivorous boyfriend also had a bowl after making this face:


He also thought it was really good, after his initial protest.  So good in fact that he talked about it the following day with his coworkers.  I don't know why everyone is so shocked that vegan food can be delish!


No comments: