Saturday, February 22, 2014

Sideways Saturday

The Last One

For today's post, I'm going to share this link to a post about "The Last One."  Your last baby is a special, magical, heartbreaking thing.  My "last one" will be 5 in just three short months.  He is SO damned excited about the coming birthday.  And, I am falling apart inside at the mere thought that my last BABY is going to be 5.  How did this shit happen?

I've been pretty honest on this blog (and with those who know me IRL) about my intense feelings about Four.  He came into the world a complicated being from the very start.  Redheaded and full of my grandma's spirit.  He's been trouble from the very start (even before he was actually IN the world, when he was still IN my womb.)  At least once a day, I utter the words "This one's going to be the death of me."  I frequently tell people if he'd have been FIRST he'd have been an only, because no way would I have signed up for MORE of this.  All that SOUNDS negative.  I don't really mean it that way.  Because, even with ALL of that, I'm bonded to this one differently than the others.  Our relationship is inherently different.  I adore him, and all his complications.  I don't want these days of him still needing to "tell me a secret in my ear" or "I just want to snuggle with you." to be gone.  Being the mother of teenagers makes me even more painfully aware of just how quickly this time goes.  And with "the last one" it feels doubly hard to watch it happen.



These moments are precious.  Grab them, mamas and daddys.  BE in the moment, and love them all.

No comments: