Thursday, May 15, 2014

Skinny Housewife: I Am A Warrior!

So, this song has been stuck in my head.







My Warrior Dash run in on Saturday.  Less than 48 hours.  I packed my bag, and I printed my release paperwork today.  I am beyond excited.  BEYOND.  It's CRAY, ya'll.

Five months ago when I signed up for this run, I was TERRIFIED.  Excited, but terrified.  I'm in good shape, speaking from a cardio perspective.  But, strength? Nah, that ain't me.  I made a plan to train and train hard until race time.  Why?  Because I'm a competitive bitch.  *shrug*  25 days ago I started the Bikini Body Mommy challenge (I spoke about it a couple weeks ago, and it's all on YouTube, check it out.)  I feel LOTS AND LOTS stronger.  For the first time in my life, I have defined muscles in my ARMS!   My ARMS!!!  I have been doing weights (8 and 10 lbs...nothing crazy) and I'm more tone, and more strong.  Now?  I'm not terrified.  I'm just excited.  I feel like I"m going to KILL IT.

If I can finish strong enough to make myself happy, I will do a Spartan in 2015, and a half marathon before my 40th birthday.  What the what??  I'm pushing myself.  I'm working hard on ME.  And, I love it.






No comments: