Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Wordy Wednesday: I AM A WARRIOR!

Oh guys. I'm so flipping excited. It's been 5 days since I finished my Warrior Dash. And, I'm still having completely reveling in the euphoria of being able to complete it. I feel like a badass. Not because my time was GREAT (although, it wasn't bad either) but because I DID it. It was definitely the hardest thing I've done to date. Also, the most fun I've had at a race to date!!!  

Here I am (59200) with some of our team.  Before all the fun!  Our shirts are "safety orange" and they say "if you can read this, flip me over..." Printed upside down on the back. 


The guy next to me-without his safety orange shirt-was my partner for this event.  He and I stayed together the whole time.  The race is providing us with free pics, and I can't wait to see the fire-jumping, Goliath (the final obstacle, which is really more like 5-in-1,) and crossing the finish line photos.  He and The Bestie have literally known each other their whole lives. 

Here we are AFTER (or at least part of our group, I'll post a shot of all of us later, this one is cropped in so you can see just how dirty we are. 


Can you tell I was freezing?  I was FREEZING. I was dripping wet, covered in mud, my shoes were full of water/mid, and the air temp was 65 and breezy. F. R. E. E. Z. I. N. G.  Then we went over to the "warrior wash," which was popping out frigid water for us to wash off in....I was literally shivering even when we made it back to the hotel for a HOT shower. Brrr. 

Here I am, covered in mud, and super proud of my finisher medal! (Oh, my sports bra that you can see in the pic?  Was WHITE. WAS.)


A close up of my current most prized possession!  Seriously, as much as you can love an inanimate object.....I LOVE it!


Here's the full shot of our group. 


We. Are. Warriors. 

No comments: