Monday, January 4, 2021

Skinny Housewife: 21 Day Challenge

 I need a kick start to get back on the workout train.  I need quick workouts.  Less than 30 minutes, because I will also need to shower and get myself together before work.  I have a bunch of HITT (High Intensity Interval Training) workout options saved over on Pinterest, because I bore pretty easily.  I also have a couple other fitness trainers that I follow that I love.  


Blogilates on IG, Blogilates.com, and I just realized (because of this challenge) that she has an app!  Today was the start of a 21 day challenge that she's doing.  The app, and the challenge are free.  There is a printable free calendar available too.  It's 21 minutes, for 21 days.  It takes 21 days to ingrain a habit, so I'm hoping this is the kick start I need.  If you decide to do this challenge, please leave me a comment so I can check in with you!

After this 21 day kickoff, I will probably do one of the older Bikini Body Mommy challenges available on YouTube.  I've done them before, but haven't done one in years!  The workouts are short and simple, but HARD and effective.  These usually run 90 days.

The center I teach at was closed because of COVID for most of the year.  I did get 2 months where I was allowed to teach one class a week, outside and socially distanced.  Due to my new promotion though, teaching again when the center reopens doesn't work with my schedule.  I have requested to do a once a month dance party for them because I LOVE teaching and dancing and the center I work for and my students.  Hopefully, that will come to fruition when the world finds it's new normal.  That has gotten me out of the habit of working out, because with that job I HAD to work out.  Either I was teaching, or practicing or learning something new, or creating new choreography so there was always moving.  

On the two days a week I'm off, I plan to do more intense stuff--I'd like to get back to running which I had to give up because I battled Plantar Fascilitis for a BIG chunk of the year.  And I'd like to dance along with my four favorite dance fitness instructors on YouTube.  Those people are:  Dance Fitness with Jessica, Club Fitz, Bernadette Barber, and Turn Up With Tanci  


No comments: