Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Organization

 I'm seriously trying to get my life fully on track for 2021.  I feel like I came a long way in 2020, despite all the things that were going on in the world.  I'm back to a more normal shift (although, it's not entirely NORMAL) and I just need to adjust my cleaning and planning schedule a smidge to be able to keep up.  

I still love Flylady.net and Pinterest.  I pull a lot of organizational ideas from Pinterest on the regular.  I'm just going to throw my ideas out here on the blog...if you have ideas or a site, please share in the comments as I'm always looking to tweak and change things so that I can make my life simpler and keep my house running smoothly and being tidy.  

Here's the plan, and I'm not going to do ALL of them myself sometimes it'll be the kids that do it:

Everyday chores--

Make the bed (this is a habit I used to do, everyday, but I've really gotten out of it!)

Sweep

Make sure the sink is empty before I go to bed

Counters are cleared

Laundry (Monday-sheets, Tuesday-towels, Saturday-work clothes, Sunday-other)

Clean off coffee table (this is hot spot in my home, everything just seems to congregate there)


Weekly--

Toilets

Clean shower 

Dust 

Vacuum (this is done a few times a week actually because we have a cat,) 

Mop floors 

Clean out fridge 

Clean out the burners on the stove


Monthly--

Scrub backsplash and hood

Vacuum baseboards

Clean window sills

Clean the garbage cans


I also have some bigger projects I'm working through.  My closet has become a pit...and I'm working on it with the Flylady method of 15 minutes at a time because it's so bad it feels overwhelming.  I'm also working on some decor projects since I've lived in this house for 4 years now and I've really not made it feel like home. I painted a tray for the coffee table yesterday, and I'm making a sign for above my bed, and lastly I'm converting the crib that Three and Four slept in as babies to a bench for the entryway.  I'm planning to make this house feel like I want my forever house to feel.  




No comments: