Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sunday snapshots


Four playing in some instant mashed potato flakes.  We practiced writing letters, then moved on to shapes.


After he was all done "writing,"  I filled a measuring cup with water and gave him a medicine syringe to suck the water from the cup and squirt into the flakes (giving it a new texture.)


Thanks Pinterest, we built a "marble run" out of cardboard tubes taped to the wall.  I used a wrapping paper tube, and two toilet paper tubes.  If you were more prepared, you could use a WHOLE lot more of them and make a more elaborate course.  We used pom pom's instead of marbles.  The boys liked it.  The Punk is pictured here, with Three and Four.



Silly glasses.


I spent a blissful Saturday in downtown at Artsplosure sans children.  I bought myself this nifty ear-cuff from one of the artist booths.  I love it.  I also bought a GREAT photo graph from BigWorldPhoto.  I bought "making memories" which is a couple in an acorn boat.  <3 br="" nbsp="">


Four making a tent.



Helping me bake banana bread and brownies.  He's wearing the towel to be his "apron" so he looks like "a real chef."




Don't forget to head over to Teach Beside me and check out my guest blog post from last week:  Why Homeschool?

No comments: