Thursday, October 24, 2013

Skinny Housewife

http://thenonmarthamomma.com/3-easy-apple-recipes-for-fall-a-guest-post/

OOOOOK.  I'm so excited about the apple bacon chicken salad recipe.  I've been wanting to try it since I found it on Monday afternoon.  Now, I haven't had a chance because I haven't been home at lunch time all week.  Today I was, but my husband cooked all the bacon yesterday so I was short that.  I will rectify this.  Trust me.

I'm thinking this will be lunch for a couple days next week.  I love it because it uses greek yogurt in place of mayo.  I LOATHE mayo.  LOATHE isn't even a strong enough word truly.  I hate the look of it, the smell of it, the feel of it....just IT.  BLERGH.

Now, greek yogurt isn't paleo, but I'm not being super strict about dairy.  I'm not going out of my way to eat it, but I'm not really going out of my way to avoid it either.  And cheese, don't even get me started on my unwillingness to part with the GREATNESS that is cheese.  Not.  Going.  To.  Happen.

My plan for having this as a lunch while out of the house involves cooking up the bacon and chicken and mixing it up with the apples (submerged in a little lemon juice, because I don't want brown apples at lunch) and then packing the yogurt in the ice pack and mixing it in when I'm ready to eat.

One of my BIGGEST issues with being paleo is lunches out.  We are out of the house at lunch time three days a week.  And, I don't like raw veggies of any sort (I know, I know...) so I'm limited in what I can pack.  Especially, now that it's getting cold out and some things I just don't want to eat cold.  I need a portable microwave or a camp stove for the back of my van.

No comments: