Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Back Burner

 For some reason, even though I feel a "pull" to write, I allow this blog to be put on my back burner.  To celebrate my 45th birthday, I've been doing a bunch of home projects (blog posts to come!)  One of those projects is to create a "work corner" in my bedroom.  A comfy chair, a "table," notebooks, pens, journals, and my laptop.  I've commandeered a chair from The Bestie, just need to de-cat it and reupholster.  But it's a big comfy chair and I'm excited to have it.  I purchased a "table" from Amazon.  


It's small enough that it doesn't take up much space, I can tuck the bottom under the chair to pull it to me when I need to type or write on it, it's got a little pocket there where I can store my laptop.  AND the one I purchased was "returned for damage" so I got a steal.  It's a little scraped up on the end, but so am I so it seemed fitting for my workspace.  

I've been journaling, and ordered myself a couple basic notebooks from Target, and I have a wicker basket that will sit next to the chair as well to hold my things.  Also for this space I bought a Himalayan salt lamp that emits a lovely soft glow, which just helps my personal energy when I'm working.  


All this to say:  more posts are coming.  I don't know what the content of this blog will be going forward.  Most likely it's going to take on my own personality, which is ALL OVER THE MF PLACE.  It'll be life, cooking, exercising, health, parenting, adulting, aging, traveling...all of it as it happens.  

No comments: