Saturday, June 26, 2021

Birthday Projects: Project 2

My living room has these two wonderful chairs that are part of a living room set that was gifted to me by a member of my Old Lady Gang (the senior fitness class that I used to teach, I refer to them as my OLG) when I moved into this house.  They are so comfy, we all really love this furniture.  But, I needed an end table between them.  I recently purchased new night stands for my bedroom, as before I only had one.  That one night stand was the night stand my mother bought me when I was 15 years old.  It's 30 years old, and has been moved 5 times, and well loved.  It has a lot of history for me though, and it's the first piece of furniture that was ever mine.  I decided I wanted to keep it in use, and I'd refurbish it to make it work for that room.  

It was just basic white, but it is solidly constructed.  I sanded and cleaned.  I decided I didn't want the big bottom drawer in there, and would be removing it and replacing it with a bin to hold throw blankets most likely, but definitely a bin in that spot.  


This is essentially what the front looked like.  Don't ask me why the picture is so close up.  Idk.  I cut that little drawer guide out with a hacksaw to make room for my bin.  And, then the cat decided--oh yeah we have a cat now--she really liked climbing in and out of that spot.  So, I took a different direction with that space.  But when that cat moves out (she's Two's cat, so when Two leaves she will also) I'm putting my bin in there y'all.  I swear.  



Navy and Cloudless, plus a special ordered agate slice in various shades of blue for the drawer pull.  And a pillow.  Who am I?  I don't even LIKE cats.  *facepalm*  That gorgeous stained glass butterfly is courtesy of The Bestie as well (my friends have been really supportive of my emotional state and I get random presents, which is so sweet and makes me feel very loved.)  That vase is also a gift hand crafted by The Bestie's awesome daddy. 


No comments: