Friday, June 25, 2021

Lazy Housewife: Frito-Pie

 I saw a FB post without a recipe it was just a picture of this baked Frito wonderland.  

I figured it would be easy enough to figure out a recipe on my own, but also know that if you google "Frito Pie" there are a plethora of recipes for you that will be much more precise than what I'm about to type.

I make two pans of this every time I make it, well now I make three because I shared with my parents once and from then on I make a pan for their house every time I make it for our house.  The reason I was making two to begin with you may wonder?  Well, I love the Chili Cheese Fritos.  But they are not vegan.  Regular Fritos are, however.  

I make the Beefless Ground (really, that's what it's called) in the same skillet I have browned onion in.  Add a little water and some taco seasoning mix.  

I use the Goya brand yellow rice with peppers (also vegan) and cook it just like the box says.  You'll also want one can of seasoned black beans. 

I buy vegan shredded cheese, I'm not real sure what the brand is that my kids prefer honestly, but go with what you like.  

A layer of Fritos, a layer of beans, a layer of rice, a layer of cheese, crushed up Fritos.  Bake until cheese is bubbly-if you are using regular dairy cheese, vegan cheese doesn't do that so you'll just bake until it's warmed.  


For my personal pan, I use chili cheese Fritos and regular diary cheese because preferences.  A big hit with everyone.  Girls.  Boys.  Parents.  

No comments: