Thursday, September 20, 2007

A good day!

So, I was reading on my friend Heather's blog (http://gottfredsenacademy.blogspot.com/ ) about a project she was doing, so I decided to copy her idea, well, because it was great! The idea was having them look at a classic painting and have them recreate it. So, we started looking at paintings online, and DD#1 picked a sunset painting by Sona Singh (don't know how "classic" that is, but it was what she liked). DD#2 chose Starry Night by Van Gogh. Here they are hard at work on their masterpiece recreation.





Here is DD#1's recreation, and here is a link for you to view the original work: http://www.buy-oil-painting.com/sunsetpainting.html (it's the top, far right one).




DD #2's recreation, You can google Starry Night and see the original Van Gogh.



Then the girls asked me to paint with them, so here is MY own recreation:





My older DD got inspired, and wanted to create something else as well, and asked me if I could "Put it on the internet, so she could be a famous artist too", so here ya go, she has titled this: Polka Dot Paradise:


Also DD#1 drew "Winnie the Pooh" for her baby brother, early this morning, and I wanted to share that with you all as well, because she did a really good job!




DD#2 helped make lunch. We had pigs-n-blankets. Here are photos of her, cutting the dough, and rolling up a piggie!






And, she helped make the dough as well (before we started school), so there was math involved. DD#1 helped make a double batch of chocolate chip cookies (so she had to multiply and add). :) Hope your homeschooling is going as well as ours!










3 comments:

Cutie said...

That IS a great idea, and one that turned out great! I enjoyed reading and can't wait for more!

Gottfredsen said...

They turned out great, good job!

Garden State Kate said...

I love all the "art" that is going on.
We're planning on copying Heather too! ;-)