Wednesday, June 30, 2010

PRESCHOOL: An oldie but a goodie, rainy day fun

While the temperature has dropped outside, it is raining. BLAH. So, in an effort to keep Three and Four busy this afternoon I'm digging out some oldies.

Three loved the Discovery Box I made (from Totally Tots blog.) For this afternoon, I have loaded it with some new small things for him to find. :) He also has a fire truck craft from Home Depot (it's a wooden truck that you assemble, my MIL found this at Goodwill) that we may attempt.

Four is into everything today, and after looking at 1+1+1=1 blog, I think I have some ideas for him too. Wooden spoon, metal mixing bowl, and play wooden food. Happy camper? Probably! Also after reading the blog, I think I'm going to let him play with the rocks. We have rocks that Three uses for school, but I haven't let Four play with them yet. He still REALLY puts everything in his mouth, so we'll see how that goes. For later this week, I'm hoping to get a paper towel tube from my neighbor, and give him some objects to drop down it. We don't use paper towels, so I don't have any of my own, but I know my neighbor will share. :)

I've also been going through my The Toddlers BUSY BOOK for some "Rainy Day Play." I came across "Blanket Riding" which we've done before, but I hadn't thought of it for today. Another fun thing for my brain!

I may also make a squishy bag. It is a ziploc bag with any sort of squishy substance in it, the book suggests: corn starch and water, mustard, ketchup (maybe the 2 together to work on color mixing for Three?,) hair gel, shaving cream....I have an excess of really cheap hair gel (because of One's dance recital, and her super short hair in the back that needed to be slicked UP for her high pig tails) so I may use that.

No comments: