Friday, October 12, 2012

Flashback Friday

This week has flown by.

School-hmm, well, umm, errr...not so much.  The girls, yes, because their stuff is all on the computer and ready to go.  Honestly, I hope to actually get to school for Three over the weekend, because I mean, it doesn't really matter what days of the week we get to the work.  The weather turned GORGEOUS this week.  They've spent a lot of time outside.

We live on a pond, and there are baby ducks!!!  Baby ducks that come right up into our yard!  Baby ducks that if you sit down and are still will come and eat RIGHT FROM YOUR HAND!!!!!!!!  I'm a little excited. The kids have all fed the ducklings by hand, and they've been able to touch them too.  A baby duckling pecked at Four's elbow after he was done feeding them and he said "Are you trying to eat ME??"  It was adorable.

Yesterday, we attended the Titanic exhibit at the museum.  It was incredible.  Unfortunately, I had to take Three and Four (which was NOT in my original plan) and they were monsters.  But, we do what we have to do and we make the best of things.  In the end, we all got to touch an actual piece of the hull of the RMS Titanic AND a freshwater iceberg.  Win?  Yeah, we'll call that a win.

Today was LONG.  L-O-N-G.  But, great!  We left the house at 9:30 for a great park playdate "All About Orange."   Almost everyone wore orange, there were orange snacks (including some amazing pumpkin doughnut holes!) and orange games/toys/crafts.  I like this idea, and intend to plan one based on another color-I'll let Four choose.  After that, we headed to Kindergarten Co-Op where the focus was on smell.   It was at the same amazing park we went to last week, so we made an encore trip to the airport observation deck.  We won't be doing that again, at least not AFTER.  Maybe we'll go early and do that first.  The traffic has been HORRIBLE afterwards both times.  I thought we left early enough this time to miss it, but I was wrong.  After that, I had to stop in the grocery store to finish up some baking projects.  Then came home and made dinner.

I.Am.So.Tired.

1 comment:

Corinne said...

baby ducks. How adorable