Friday, October 26, 2012

Flashback Friday

This week has been demolished by sickness.

Monday was normal.  Monday night/Tuesday morning, Four woke up coughing and snotty.  It was a rough night, and it progressively got worse as the day went on.  Around 5pm, he was wheezing badly enough that he asked for "his machine."  (Nebulizer.)  Over the next 12 hours,  he had 6 breathing treatments and was STILL having a really difficult time.  We had anticipated going to the zoo on Wednesday with our homeschool group, but after such a rough night (honestly, I climbed into bed at around 7am) we nixed that plan.  The day was lost to breathing treatments and naps.

What a difference 24 hours makes!  Thursday morning, Four woke up feeling much, much better and immediately asked to go to the zoo.  So, we went with that.  We loaded up and went to the zoo.  It was a great day, lovely weather, and very active animals.  YAY!

This morning, I woke up with the beginnings of a cold (I'm guessing it is what Four has, only stuff always settles in his chest right away...) I'm vitamin C'ing and Zinc'ing away my day.  I've also spent most of it in bed.  The Punk let me sleep until 9:30, and then he took Three to Kindergarten Co-Op this afternoon so I could chill in bed with Four.  He brought home flowers, and dinner, and has now taken the boys up the street to play so I'm still in bed.  My life is so awesome.

We have a busy weekend, so I really hope all the meds I'm taking work and I feel better in the morning.  I have to finish up Four's costume, and re-do their candy collection buckets.  There are also pumpkins to buy for an annual pumpkin carving party.  Cold, cold, go away!

No comments: