Sunday, July 18, 2021

30 Days of Blogging: Day 2

 Day 2 is late, because the last two days at work have been busy busy busy and by the time I get home, I just want to not do much.  


But Day 2 is where do I see myself in 10 years?  I do hope to still be with my current company.  I work for a great company (IMO) that really cares about its employees and customers.  I'm currently an assistant manager, and just finished up a week-long training for that position that has me really motivated.  When I took this position, I knew it was temporary for me.  I have other goals.  This is a step on that path.  However, I really love this position, and I'm super happy with where I am. There are some others in my store that want my job, and that makes me happy as well!  When I move up, I hope someone who has as much passion for it as I do takes my spot.  


I originally wanted to move to our QA department, which is our internal store inspector.  My original schooling was to gain a degree in QA for pharmaceutical manufacturing, it was interrupted by having babies.  But this career move makes sense, it's something I've been interested in for my whole adult life.


During my recent training though, I have been giving serious thought to being store manager, and maybe district beyond that.  I feel like I'm a strong leader, and I really enjoy working with my team (and the team I was put with for this training as well.) 

For the 10-year track, I hope I can experience a few more positions within my current company.  

No comments: