Tuesday, November 9, 2021

New Series: Crystal of the Month

 This is going to be a new series.  The idea spawned from my list of what's in my bag, which included a protective stone, and some quartz.

I collect crystals, I have books, and I've done a lot of reading and research into the properties of stones.  

My work kids originally called them "my rocks" and then it developed into asking me daily what rocks I had, and wanting to know what that particular rock did or why I was carrying that one.  Eventually, a few of my work kids would ask me to bring them a rock to help them with whatever they had going on in their own life and they would carry the rocks around for the day.  Some of them have begun collecting them, as a result of feeling like they really did help them.  You can think it's hogwash if you like, I'm not offended by others' lack of belief or trust, but I believe and I've seen them help me personally and others I love.  

I make moon water twice a month, and aside from drinking it, I also use it to cleanse and energize my crystals.  I have selenite to charge them as well.  I believe they need to be cleansed because they absorb energy, and that energy needs to be released in order for them to continue to be effective.  

Different things work for different issues.  This is obviously just ONE path I use.  I recently was diagnosed with an ulcer.  I obviously saw a doctor, but I also believe that one of the stones I'm wearing around my neck has helped me feel better so quickly.  I'm taking my medicine, I'm eating differently, I'm abstaining from alcohol, but I'm also wearing bloodstone and moonstone.  At the very least, what could it hurt right?  

So starting tomorrow, I'm going to be doing a monthly series where there will be a blog post about a stone that I choose (or if you want to participate, comment, and I'll do a stone of YOUR choosing.)  Listing the stone's properties, and uses.  

I hope you'll enjoy these posts, I love talking about crystals and looking at crystals and reading about crystals so it's a passionate hobby of mine.  

No comments: