Friday, November 12, 2021

Skinny Housewife: Spinach Gratin

 A non-traditional Thanksgiving side, but one that has been met with glee every time I"ve served it.  I found this recipe years ago (think 2014) and took it as a dish to a friendsgiving.  I'm going to share the original recipe, but if you're familiar with me you know I've changed it.  


Makeover Spinach Gratin


Now the original recipe calls for swiss.  I love swiss, but my best friend hates it.  She gets a pass as it is LITERALLY the only cheese she doesn't like.  Since she was going to be at the original event, I chose to use gruyere as suggested in the recipe.  Delicious.  Since that original making though, I've made it a handful more times, and those times I've used asiago.  Also, delicious.  Maybe this year I'll try it with the swiss!  My non-biological daughter and her hubby joined us last year, and when I saw them again a couple weeks ago they mentioned the spinach from thanksgiving, no joke.  I promised it will be served again this year!

Enjoy!

No comments: