Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Favorite Quote

 Truly, this is a toss up for me.  I would say I have two.  The first is one that changed my life, and the second is from a book and it just sums up ME.  

The first:  Children would rather be from a broken home than live in one. 


Uttered by Dr. Phil on my tv when One and Two were very young and I was miserable with their father.  It felt like he was speaking to me about the damage I was doing by staying in a place that wasn't serving any of us any longer.  And it played over and over in my head for months after until I finally had the courage to end that relationship.  lt changed all of our lives.  And 20ish years later, it is still one of my favorite quotes and I share it with people who tell me they are staying in situations "for the children."  Maybe it has spoken to someone else the same way it did me.  


The second:   I don't cause a commotion, I am one.


Spoken by Elphaba in Wicked. Two is obsessed with Elphaba, and I took her to see the Broadway South performance of the play when it was close to us.  When Elphaba spoke this line on stage, I was like "WOAHHHHHH" and it felt like she was talking to me.  I have the quote tattooed on my back even, so it's a permanent favorite.  

Feel free to share YOUR favorite quote(s) in the comments with me!

No comments: