Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lazy Housewife Dinner

Ok, I've tried 3 new recipes in the last couple weeks. I try to put at least one new thing in a week, but last week there were 2. :)

I tried this recipe out last week: Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken. It's a really simple main dish to throw together. And, if you serve it along side roasted broccoli/cauliflower, dinner is done and easy-peasy. The review was good on all fronts. The Punk said "it was alright." but what does he know, really? He doesn't get as excited by food as I do, so I'm going to dismiss his lackluster assessment. I thought it was YUMMY. The kids all ate it up too. Yay. Definitely a keeper.

Last night, I made breakfast for dinner. Potato Bacon Casserole. The kids all ate it, and there weren't any complaints, but The Punk and I both felt sort of blah about it. I wasn't impressed. I LOVE Cracker Barrel's hashbrown casserole and was hoping this would be a "make at home" version of that...it fell short. I won't be adding it.

Lastly, a skinny housewife moment. :) I made this Baked Ziti with Spinach in my head, my family wouldn't balk at the fact that there was spinach in it. I mean, I tasted it, and I didn't think the spinach even tasted like spinach after being cooked in the tomato sauce. *shrug* My silly family couldn't get past it. One and Two did try it. One ate it with me, but Two didn't like it. *eye roll* The Punk and Three didn't even try it. One and I ate it for dinner, and lunch and then I shared the rest with neighbors (who also really liked it!) I would def make this again, and probably will make it in half, and use it as a lunch option.

No comments: