Friday, June 1, 2012

Flashback Friday

I'm going to be honest (as is my nature) we've not done much this week.  Monday being a holiday, we didn't have classes (the only activity we have that isn't breaking for the summer.)  The pool opened over the weekend, and true to our summer routine, we've been everyday.  "We" not including One and Two....I made a declaration at the beginning of May that they absolutely MUST memorize the multiplication tables, OR there would be no swimming for them.  They apparently (and foolishly) thought this was a bluff.  So, they've missed days of swimming, and it's been very difficult for this mama...but hey, you gotta stand your ground.  Math is only getting harder...and knowing these by heart will REALLY help them.  I've been saying this for YEARS and they just have chosen to not memorize them, just muddling through the math.  I've over that.  Yesterday, they both attempted to recite them for me, and I was proud of how much they were able to get (even though they have BARELY put any effort into studying them.)  They still fell short.

Aside from swimming, we had our last preschool co-op for the year this week.  It was bittersweet.  I hope to see some of those families over the summer!

Today, I'm taking my mama to get a hair cut, she's been in bed for months, and hasn't had a haircut in even longer.  Yay!  I bet she'll feel so good afterwards-I usually do.  I got my hair cut on Monday, and they were busy so I didn't ask them to wash it-big mistake.  It didn't leave me with my usual improved mood from the experience, AND she cut my bangs too short.  Oh well.  It's just hair.

We may take the kids to an outdoor festival in the morning (and get cupcakes!)  One is accompanying a friend to the mall.  Ahh, teenagers.

Today is National Doughnut Day--Krispy Kreme is giving away a free doughnut today, and Dunkin Doughnuts is giving away a free doughnut with the purchase of a beverage.  I've been working out really hard lately, and I'm swimming every day (blessed summer) so I think I may partake.






No comments: