Saturday, February 23, 2013

Sideways Saturday

I left the house bright and early this morning (7:15am) with Three and Four to get the shopping done.  We went to 5 stores, and after nearly 4 hours they were finally losing it.  Because I have the best children on the planet, my big girls recognized the "I'm going to explode!" look on my face as I came through the door, and suggested I go eat lunch in my room.  I took them up on that, and after a half hour lunch time break in my room, I no longer wanted to strangle anyone.  YAY!

I started working on cleaning my house up (because I've been sick most of the week, it's a pit.)  Then we took Two to basketball practice.  It's the first time I've had to take the boys to and it was not a barrel of fun. Four managed to headbutt me (by accident) and make me bite my tongue, causing it to bleed everywhere.  I had to drag him from the gym to try to get to the bathroom, while the gym full of other parents I'm sure thought I was going to beat him.  When I showed him my bleeding mouth in the bathroom, he dissolved into a puddle of sorry.  He's a very sensitive boy.  I was just trying to make him understand why he can't be a spazz!

As we were driving home, I realized I had failed to put the roast I took out for dinner in the crockpot when I got home from shopping.  Hmmm....what to do for dinner??  I went to Pinterest.  I remembered that I had pinned something just yesterday that was "muffin tin meals."  I chose that first and came across this:

Cheeseburger Cups

They looked YUMMY, and I had everything I needed to make them.  We have a winner.

If you read this blog, you know what comes now...the changes.  :)

I made the biscuits from my homemade Bisquick recipe.  I added the bacon as the site mentions, and I used a homemade BBQ sauce I made earlier this week.  (The only changes I made to that recipe were that I used chicken stock in the place of the apple juice, mostly because I didn't have it.)  I don't use Velveeta, so I used shredded cheddar jack.

It got mixed reviews from my family.  Two didn't care for the biscuit part, but loved the meat-cheese-mixture.  Three liked it (wowzers, I know!)  Four refused to eat it, and has chosen to just be hungry until morning.  Whatevs.  One is at the mall with a friend.   I LOVED them.  I will add them to my rotation, the kids will deal.

No comments: