Thursday, July 1, 2010

Summer Fun

My hope is to turn dinner over to One and Two one night a week in the fall, giving me 2 nights that I don't have to cook, plus, until it gets COLD Hubby cooks on the grill usually once a week. So, I've been doing "cooking camp" and teaching the girls how to cook some things that we have pretty often.

Two mixing meatloaf.



After my rainy day fun post yesterday, I set up some bowls for Four. He was very excited!


This week we tye-dyed some towels for the kids to use after they swim (or shower, etc). This first one belongs to Two.


This one belongs to Three, he wanted it to look like "fireworks."

I'm not posting One's towel because she chose to tie-dye her first name across the towel (which turned out super cute) but I don't call them by thier real names here, so I won't post it.
Here is Three, very excited about his discovery box yesterday afternoon!




Pool fun. :) Seriously this is the best I could do of all 4.








2 comments:

Corinne said...

That is a wonderful idea teaching them how to cook. I had no cooking skills when I moved out of the house. Took me a few years to figure it out.

Delete said...

Looks like you are having so much fun! I realized I have been blowing it this year and this summer so I just quit my scrapbooking job, am finishing my end of year testing and then planning on going back to being the kind of homeschooling mom I was 2 years ago. You posts are a great reminder of the things I use to do with the girls! Thanks for the extra motivation!