Thursday, September 13, 2012

Skinny Housewife

Ok, I admit I originally made these because the recipe was easily adaptable to something Four (my allergy laden kid) could eat them, but I've made them since then because they are really, really good.  I made them, and froze them.  There was a post on Skinny Taste about making some of the recipes freezer-friendly, and this was featured (that's how I found it.)  It seemed like a great alternative to a lunch time favorite, that I could feed ALL the kids.  I tossed them into a baggie, froze them, and pop them back in the oven for 5 minutes (or microwave....meh.) and voila, yummytastic healthy chicken nuggets.

SkinnyTaste Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets 


On the subject of Four, and all his allergies, I'm putting together a "cook book" of recipes I make for him.  Just for me...and possibly someday his family (as allergies are often inherited...although, he didn't inherit them from any source we can pinpoint.)  This recipe will make it in there.

The things I had to change (thankfully, not many!):

No panko, I just used breadcrumbs.
I made the breadcrumbs using a corn and egg free bread that we buy for him.

See, not much?  Awesomesauce.



No comments: