Thursday, March 13, 2014

Skinny Housewife

If you read here much, you know I do a lot of cardio.  I'm a dancer for a living, I also go out a few times a month and dance my A$$ off--just for fun.  I also am a runner.  I'm at a good weight for my frame, and I feel FIT.  But, I need some toning in upper body areas.  My upper body strength is nil.  I'm working HARD on this right now since I'm doing two obstacle races in May (one of them is Warrior Dash, I'm SO EXCITED!!!)  I posted a good arm workout link a few days ago, and this is another area I'm working on:

Core Exercises

I had 4 babies, y'all.  All but one of them weighed over 9lbs.  My stomach is not my favorite body part (it's not my LEAST favorite though, but that area can ONLY be fixed through plastic surgery....another post!)  It has seen pretty vast improvement over the last year or so though.  Slimming down, the skin regaining some of it's elasticity (lotion, and water...lotion and water...hit it inside AND out.)  I still have a load of stretch marks, but those aren't going anywhere and I've learned to just sort of live with it.

I believe in setting goals.  I posted in a FB group yesterday that my goal is to be comfortable enough with my stomach to teach my class in just my sports bra this summer.  That's almost 3 months of core work.  I think I can do it!  I'd also like to be comfortable enough to wear a bikini.  Yikes.  

No comments: