Monday, March 25, 2013

Manic Monday!

I wanted to take a minute to share some fun I had with the boys last night. Before bed, we spent a little more than a half hour doing "acrobatics" and yoga. They had such fun; I did too.

For acrobatics we did backbends, somersaults, and handstands. For yoga, I have these great cards I made years ago for the girls.

How I made them: Someone I know through a group I am in had taken all these pics of her daughter doing different yoga poses. I printed them, attached them to a poster board, wrote the name of the position underneath then laminated them.

How you could do it: buy a set. Kids yoga cards are pretty easy to find online. Also, there are some good printables (free and otherwise) that you could use. Lastly, and definitely my favorite option: look up yoga poses for kids, have someone take a picture of you/your kids doing them, and then proceed as I did.

Have fun! It was a blast to watch them look at position on the card and say "that looks really hard!" and go on to successfully tackle the pose.

Manic Monday is about to start: Zumba, pottery class for the girls, bowling league, then The Bestie's boy is coming home with me. I have no idea what I'm going to feed them all for dinner. Got to tackle that!

No comments: