Thursday, March 28, 2013

Skinny Housewife

For those of you who are new to my blog, on Thursday's I either do "lazy housewife" where I give you tips on skating by...or I do "skinny/healthy housewife" which are tips and recipes for a healthier, more fit lifestyle.

 A little over a year ago, I fell in love with Zumba for a second time.  I LOVE to dance (really, love isn't even a strong enough word for it...) and Zumba feels like a danceathon to me, not a workout.  It's why it works so well for so many (it's a workout in disguise!)  It serves as a gateway exercise (like a gateway drug) to other things.  It led me to running.  I loved to run in middle/high school, and even some time after but got away from it when I was heavier because it's hard to run when you're heavy and with my "all or nothing" personality, I am just not a walker.  Over the last 15 months I've lost 20 lbs, but more importantly countless inches in my hips and thighs!  It also made me feel so much better-both mentally and physically, and led me to making better food choices because I want to fuel my body better.  I would encourage everyone to find what they LOVE-for me it is Zumba (I'm even a licensed instructor,) maybe for you it's an eliptical machine, or a step aerobics class, or yoga, or tai chi..find what YOU love!  Now to your regularly scheduled blog post--

We are a couple months away from swimsuit season!  I'm trying to get my core in better shape, so today I'm sharing some exercises:


Best Ab Exercises of All Time!

One of my goals this week is to organize the attic.  My stability ball is up there, and I've been itching to bring it down and use it for upper body and core exercises, here's a couple links:

Stability Ball Exercises  (this one has sections for all the different areas of your body, because who doesn't want better thighs and rear too??)

Fitness Magazine: Our Best Stability Ball Exercises



No comments: