Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wordy Wednesday-Control Yo' Kids

This post is going to be a vent.  Yep.  Buckle up.  It's about to get bitchy.

I go out of my way to make my children well mannered, kind, considerate, always on the lookout for the "little guy."  I would also say that my children are "normal" in an 'average for their age' way.

We attended an event recently and my eldest child was furious at one point because not only did some kids continually step directly in front of her-even when it was CLEAR she was checking out the exhibit, but she was even more aghast that they continually shoved in front of her little brothers.  This happens frequently at places like museums as well, and so much so that my kids will groan and REQUEST to leave an area or an event if a school groups shows up.  Now, I get that in those scenario's the parent isn't there to supervise, and I can't attest to whether or not my kids behave the way they do WITH me when I'm not there....but their reactions to this behavior in others would suggest that they probably do.  HOWEVER-this still occurs even with groups of homeschoolers, where the parents are almost always present.  In the event that sparked this post today, we were with ALL homeschoolers, and ALL parents were accounted for and STILL the kids were what we in our family deem RUDE and parents just stood back like they didn't see it occur.  I think this aggravates me even more when it is homeschoolers.

Am I being to difficult??  Am I expecting to much?  I think it's just common courtesy, and decent behavior to  wait until someone else is done looking at something before you step up to it (definitely not stepping IN FRONT of them.)  I think it's just decent behavior to be CONSIDERATE of people younger/elderly and shorter than you.  Clearly, other people do not share these same beliefs and values.

And it pisses me off.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Sorry Shauna. I always try to teach my kids that too, but I know at their ages they are still very impulsive. But I continue to do it because it drives me nuts to see all the rude kids out there. I hate going places when there is a field trip going on! Luckily I haven't seen it much in homeschoolers, but I am sure, given time I will! And I am sure I will be equally appalled!